Or something like that!
Basically, I’m in the furious stages of editing and completing my second novella in the Shaw McLeary Adventure Series. Hence the desire for a wine glass that holds an entire bottle.
But as tempting as it sounds, I refuse to allow myself the distraction. Not when I’m so close to the end!
Of course, there are always things to share, learn, study that help us become better writers. And I don’t consider that distracting. Not when it helps us grow.
Recently, after an interview with Karen Yankovich, I started thinking about smart marketing. Her advice was spot on and made me actually want to market my work.
Marketing will be the mountain I conquer!
But first I need to conquer the last few chapters of this book.
So here’s a quick list of 7 marketing tips I recently picked up while doing the interview with my business partner, Kate. More from our interview with Karen is coming next month so be sure to stop on by.
These tips for using a blog as a marketing tool will hopefully help you bring your strategy to another level as well. Enjoy!
1. A blog is a powerful tool when it’s used to share information and not focused on sales.
2. Posting just once a week can establish authority in your niche.
3. Daily news stories are a great place to get inspiration for fiction or blog posts.
4. People love to connect with authors because it’s cool! (Love her for this one!)
5. Your blog drives content, everything else should branch from your blog posts.
6. Blogging is a first step to an author platform to encourage credibility.
7. Start conversations with anyone who inspires you to do better work; social media is there to help you!
This year I’m making a pledge to do the marketing in the right way. No sleazy selling, no pushy tactics. All I want to do is connect with people who are like me – authors who choose to self-publish or other people who understand the value in reading an Indie Author.
I recently started a newsletter called Become a Successful Self-publisher and I’d love to have you check it out! Just for signing up you’ll get a free copy of my eBook:
Does My Book Suck? And other no-nonsense questions you need to answer before self-publishing your fiction
So go sign up right now and never miss an update. You’ll be well on your way to successful self-publishing in no time!
Image courtesy Carlos Porto on freedigitalphotos.net
A new window opens when you click to comment.